The case for centering diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) initiatives in business is driven by ethical concerns. However, there are strong correlations between DEI initiatives and both higher profits and better organizational performance. Rapidly changing demographics require a focus on cultivating an inclusive workplace culture, where people feel a sense of shared purpose and community. In such environments, people not only value differences, but understand how to leverage differences to make relationships innovative and productive.
Successful Diversity and Inclusion initiatives require
detailed planning and ongoing processes that include:
• Executive leadership commitment
• Effective recruitment, hiring, and promotion processes
• An inclusive company culture
• Overall community engagement
• Continuous assessment and improvement